One word to describe the past couple of weeks: chaos. I thought it was time to hash it all out in another edition of Props & Flops.
This week’s Flops go to:
1. Stomach Flu. I thought I felt strange Thursday night. Then I woke up Friday morning feeling about as lousy as is humanly possible, and I found myself worshiping before the great, white porcelain throne. You know how wonderful it is to be sick? Well, it’s even more fantastic at 6 months pregnant. You get the idea. The stomach flu gets the biggest flop I can possibly award. Thank God it was only a 24 hour thing.
2. Doctor’s Offices. Two reasons they deserve a flop. 1 – It usually means you’re sick if you’re there. 2- I’m pretty sure that’s where I picked up my little stomach bug when I had to take my hubby there Wednesday.
3. Eating Healthy. Since my husband has been dealing with some unexpected health issues, we (well, I) decided it was time to get our diet in check. Lots more eating at home and lots less eating out. More veggies & fruits and less sodium & calories. While I know this is what’s best for us, it is not even a little bit fun. In my perfect world, chocolate and pizza would be considered healthy eating.
This week’s Props go to:
1. My Mom. She is a saint. I could barely stand up Friday, and I knew Mike would be working all day long. The idea of being extremely sick and all alone all day did not sound too good to me, so I did what any mature grown woman would do. I called my mom. Before I knew it, she was walking through my front door armed with chicken soup, crackers & Gatorade. While I laid in my misery all day, she completely cleaned and disinfected my house. Oh, and she did laundry. That’s Mom of the Year material.
2. The Rocket Summer. I love music. I love all kinds of music. My ipod seems like a scattered mess of genres, but that’s just the way I like it. Bryce Avary is a talented musician and songwriter, and I’m in love with his new album that was released last week, Of Men and Angels. I think the thing I most appreciate about him is that his lyrics are always honest and relatable. In a world where people can be called “artists” for singing lines like “I brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack”, Bryce Avary is extremely refreshing.
3. New Sample Albums. I’m like a kid in a candy store every time I get a new sample product in the mail. I am so happy with my new Coffee Table sample album and my new Guest Book sample. Both are from one of my amazing labs, White House. Love, love, love. Can’t wait to bust them out at my next client meeting!
Hope this week is filled with more Props than Flops for you! Here’s a sneak peek at some cuteness coming to the blog soon.